This blackberry goat cheese grilled cheese is a must-try for any grilled cheese lover looking to elevate their sandwich game. It's a deceptively simple recipe that's easy to make and jam-packed with sweet and savory goodness.
This post may contain affiliate links. Check out the full disclosure here.
I love grilled cheese in all forms, but this goat cheese grilled cheese is quite possibly my number one. Smokey bacon, sweet blackberry jam, sharp white cheddar, and tangy goat cheese are hugged together by a couple of delicious slices of crusty sourdough. This combo just works.
This grilled cheese sandwich only takes a few minutes to throw together, it's the perfect sandwich for a cozy night in or a quick and easy lunch.
The melty goat cheese and sweet, sticky jam ooze out of the sandwich with every mouth-watering bite. You'll love with this unique and flavorful twist on a tried and true classic. And if you love sweet and savory grilled cheese as much as I do- you have to check out our pear and prosciutto grilled cheese! So yummy.
Looking for a gorgeous cocktail to pair with your blackberry grilled cheese? Check out this delicious blackberry bourbon sour from The Perks of Being Us. Yum.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread 1 oz. of goat cheese evenly onto each slice of bread.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of blackberry jam on top of the goat cheese on two slices of bread.
- Top the jam with the remaining two slices of bread, goat cheese side down, to make two sandwiches.
- Spread about ½ tbsp. of butter on top of each sandwich.
- Place the sandwiches, butter side down, onto the preheated skillet or griddle.
- Spread the remaining ½ tbsp. of butter on top of the sandwich.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the bottom of the sandwiches are golden brown.
- Flip the sandwiches over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown and the goat cheese is melted.
- Remove the sandwiches from the skillet or griddle and let them cool for a minute or two.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve hot.
Tips for the best grilled cheese
- Use a sourdough with a tight crumb. You don't want all your gooey cheese melting through giant holes in your bread. If you can't find a sourdough loaf that'll work, check out the FAQ below!
- Use mayonnaise on the outside of the bread and spread it all the way to the edges. This will give you a nice, even, golden brown crispy finish.
- Don't let your frying pan get too hot. The grilled cheese shouldn't take more than 5-7 minutes total. If your burner is too high, the bread will burn before the cheese can melt, if it's too low you'll end up with chewy bread and under-melted cheese.
- Use a block of cheddar and shred, don't slice. You'll end up with a much more even melt.
Do you love sweet and savory sandwiches as much as I do? Try this cheesy bacon and egg sandwich with fig jam!
This blackberry goat cheese grilled cheese recipe is such an easy way to elevate your grilled cheese game to the next level. The combination of tangy goat cheese and sweet blackberry jam sandwiched between crispy bread is a flavor explosion in every bite.
Whether you're looking for a quick lunch or cozy dinner, this grilled cheese sandwich is a perfect choice. Fire up your skillet and get cooking!
Did you try this grilled cheese? Have another unique and inspiring grilled cheese to share? Join the discussion below!
Blackberry Goat Cheese Grilled CheesePrint Recipe
- 2 slices sourdough or white bread
- 2-3 slices thick cut bacon cooked
- 2 oz sharp white cheddar shredded
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon blackberry spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or butter
- Spread blackberry jam on one slice of bread. Top with two to three slices of cooked bacon.
- Top with desired amount of shredded white cheddar and goat cheese crumbles. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin, even layer of mayonnaise on the side of the bread that will be touching the skillet.Place sandwich, mayonnaise side down, in the non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once in the skillet, gently spread another thin layer of mayo on the top of the sandwich. Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes, until the bread is a nice golden brown.
- Flip sandwich and finish cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!
- Use a block of white cheddar and shred, don't slice.
- Gouda is amazing in this grilled cheese.
- If you want to take this sandwich one step further, add some grilled onions. They're amazing with the bacon and blackberry.
- If you're not a fan of using mayonnaise on grilled cheese, swap for unsalted butter.
kitchenverve.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes on our site. This information is provided as a courtesy from online calculators and should be used only as an estimate. Although we attempt to provide the most accurate nutritional information possible, these figures will vary based on your chosen ingredients and cooking methods.